Paul F. Zimmerman
- Owner “Paul Zimmerman Roses LLC”
- Director Biltmore® International Rose Trials
- Partner with Biltmore® Company in the Biltmore® Garden Rose Collection
- Author Of The Book – Everyday Roses. How To Grow Knockout And Other Modern Garden Roses. Published by Taunton Press
- Member Of The Advisory Board Of The American Rose Rose Selections™ Trials
- 2009 – Present. U.S. Rose Licensing Agent for
- Pépinières G DELBARD – France
- Mike Athy – New Zealand
- Peter Beales Roses – England
- Brad Jalbert – Canada – World Wide Agent
- 2010- Present. Host of “Roses Are Plants Too” the rose blog on the website of Fine Gardening Magazine.
- 2009-Present. Host, Creator, Narrator of the “Roses Are Plants Too” channel on You Tube. A series of short rose care videos with to date over 50,000 individuals collectively viewing the videos close over 500,000 times.
- 1999 – 2009. Owner/CEO “Ashdown Roses Ltd”.
- 1994 – Present. Certified Consulting Rosarian – The American Rose Society.
- 1994 – 1998. Owner of Hundred Acre Wood Rosescaping. A company dedicated to the design and maintenance of rose gardens.
- 2001- 2010. U.S. Representative to the World Federation of Rose Societies Specialized Conservation Committee.
- 1997-1998 Board of Directors The Tinseltown Rose Society.
- 1994-1996 President of The Tinseltown Rose Society.
- 1992-1994 Vice President of The Tinseltown Rose Society.
- 2013. Book Everyday Roses. How To Grow Knockout And Other Modern Garden Roses. Published by Taunton Press
- 2103 – Organic Gardening Magazine. “Beyond Knockout. The Next Generation of Garden Roses”
- 2010 – Fine Gardening Magazine. “Caring For Roses Naturally”
- 2008 – The Sustainable Rose Garden. – “Just Say No To Chemicals”
- 2008 – Royal National Rose Society Annual. “Favourites: The Experts Choose”
- 2008 – The American Rose. Official Publication of The American Rose Society. “A Gentle Plea for Order”. Rose Classificaiton.
- 2006 – Rosa Mundi. Heritage Rose Foundation. “Activities of the Specialized Conservation Committee”.
- 2004, Feb – Perennial Magazine. Roses for the Landscape.
- 2004, May – Nursery News. “Changes in The Rose World”. Current changes and trends in The Wholesale Rose Market.
- 2003, Nov. – American Nurseryman. “The Three S’s” Ways for Independent Garden Centers to survive in a box store world.
- 2003, May – American Nurseryman. Our nursery was profiled.
- 2002 – Annual of The American Rose Society “Coming to a Mall Near You”
- 2000 – Annual of The American Rose Society “Landscaping with Roses”
- 1998 April – The American Rose. Official Publication of The American Rose Society. “The Charm of Noisettes”
- 1997 August – The American Rose. Official Publication of The American Rose Society. “Rethinking the Hybrid Tea”
- 1996 Oct. – The American Rose. Official Publication of The American Rose Society. “Plants, Pipes & Polymers: Water is Vital to a Plant’s Growth”
- 1992-1994 – Monthly Novice Corner in “The Rose Reporter” The Gold Medal winning publication of The Tinseltown Rose Society.
- 1992-1998 – “The Rose Reporter” Numerous articles including several Award Of Merit Winners.
Talks & Media
- Northeast Flower and Garden Show – Seattle, WA
- Bierkreek Rose Nursery Rose Festival. The Netherlands
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Disney World. Four days of talks
- Vancouver Rose Society
- Deep South District Rose Convention
- 17th Annual Organic Grower’s Conference
- Seattle, WA. Heritage Roses Northwest All Day Workshop
- New York – Great Rosarians of The World Lecture Series “The Sustainable Rose Garden” Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
- Bowling Green Kentucky – TenArky District Convention. “Roses Are Plants Too”
- Charlotte, NC. Southern Spring Home & Garden Show. “Growing Roses Naturally”.
- Southeastern Flower Show – Speaking and coordinating five days of rose events throughout the conference including “Roses Are Plants Too” main stage.
- Charlotte, NC. Southern Spring Home & Garden Show. Talk and coordinating a day of talks/demonstrations devoted to roses and their care.
- Charleston Horticultural Society – Two days of lecture and workshops
- Carolina Gardener WBT Radio – Cohost
- Making it Grow with Rowland Allston – PBS
- Charlotte, NC. Southern Spring Home & Garden Show
- Pesaro, Italy. “Il Nome Della Rosa
- Abingdon, VA Mid Atlantic Garden Faire.
- Washington DC. National Fall Convention of The American Rose Society
- New Orleans, LA. National Spring Convention of The American Rose Society
- 1993-present. District & local rose societies and garden clubs. On average 4-6 per year.
Judging & Rose Trials
- September 2012 International Rose Trials. The Hague, The Netherlands
- October 2005 Rose Hills International Trials. Los Angeles, CA.
- June 2005 International Rose Trials. Paris, France
- June 2005 International Rose Trials. Lyon, France
- July 2004 International Rose Trials. The Hague, The Netherlands.
- October 2003 Rose Hills International Rose Trials. Los Angeles, CA
- October 2002 Rose Hills International Rose Trials. Los Angeles, CA.