Paul’s blog titled “Roses Are Plants, Too” can be found on the website of Fine Gardening Magazine at Taunton Press. It contains rose care tips, rose history, roses you need to know and a whole host of other rose related information.
Click Here to be taken to the blog.
- New 2017 Rose Introductions from David Austin Roses January 9, 2017
- Prepare New Beds the Fall Before December 13, 2016Planning ahead is the secret to much success when it comes to roses.
- New Roses From Star Roses & Plants April 19, 2016Star Roses & Plants have been trendsetters in bringing easier care, disease resistant roses to the market. You might say they started it because they are the folks who introduced The Knockout Rose. They also introduced the Drift Series of Roses which are terrific groundcover roses. We’ll start with their newest addition to the Drift series.
- New David Austin Roses for 2016 March 25, 2016David Austin Roses has a long history of releasing beautiful, fragrant roses ideal for incorporating into a general garden planting.
- When it comes container rose size soil matters! July 17, 2015I recently potted up some perennials into two different commercial potting soils. Boy was there was a difference!
- Results From the 3rd Annual Biltmore International Rose Trials June 4, 2015The results are in from this prestigious International Rose Trial. All the roses are grown sustainably which means the winners are perfect for your garden!
- Rose Pruning Update From The Palace Of Gold April 27, 2015This past fall we chose to leave the roses taller in the hope we'd have more to work with at spring pruning time. Mother Nature had other ideas!
- Tips for cutting garden roses to bring them in the house March 26, 2015We all like to cut rose blooms to bring them in the house. What are some tips to help keep them fresh in the vase. Our guest writer Michael Marriott of David Austin Roses has some for you!
- What To Do When Winter Delays Bareroot Rose Planting February 25, 2015Sometimes bareroot roses arrive when the ground simply isn't workable for planting. How do you store the plants until it is. We have an answer!
- New Roses From Weeks Roses February 10, 2015Weeks Roses has been breeding great roses for years. Here are some new ones for 2015!
- Four New Roses From Star Roses & Plants January 22, 2015From the folks who brought you The Knockout Roses and The Drift Roses come 4 new roses for 2015!
- Four New David Austin English Roses for 2015 December 16, 2014It's the time of year when we start looking at the new roses coming out. We're starting with David Austin Roses' four new releases. They are available for online ordering now.
- Get Your Winter Gardening Fix With Internet Radio Garden Shows November 28, 2014Looking for some ways to keep your gardening juices flowing during the winter? Internet radio garden shows can really help!
- Make Sure You Provide A Winter Home For Beneficial Insects November 12, 2014By not cutting back your perennials and grasses in the fall you can get a jump start on insect pest control next spring.
- Winter Rose Protection Tips From The Minnesota Rose Gardener October 16, 2014Jack Falker has been growing roses in Minnesota for years. Over time he's learned a lot about protecting roses in winter. He has great practical advice and I'd like to share some of it with you.