Winds happen and they sometimes blow plants over; even to the point of tearing them partly out of the ground. All is not lost when this happens. With a few tricks you can save the rose.
Here are a few tips:
- Dig out the dirt a little bit from underneath where the roots are torn to give you a place to re-bury the roots.
- Put a stake in the ground right next to where the base of the rose will be when you straighten it.
- Gently straighten out the plant and tie it to the stake for support.
- It will take 4-5 months for the rose to re-establish.
- Don’t worry about cutting the rose back. Keep an eye on it and if it seems stressed you can then cut it back.
- Water, water, water to get the rose re-established.
Enjoy The Video: